The Secret Rose Theatre announces its presentation of “She Wrights – One-Act Plays by LA Women Playwrights” running September 7 to September 23. This production includes five one-act plays by five women writers.
· POPCORN WITH A SIDE OF... Written by Deanna Alisa Ableser: A husband and wife “hit team” are preparing for their 100th hit when things quickly start going awry.
Deanna Alisa Ableser is a theatre teacher in Wiseburn School District whose plays are published by Brooklyn Publishers and youthplays.com.
· FINAL ARRANGEMENTS Written by Ethel Bluefield Golub: A comedy about a woman planning her own funeral.
In order to meet people, Ethel Bluefield Golub enrolled in a beginners writing class at Beverly Hills High – now she writes and performs monologues around the LA area.
· TURNING TABLES Written by Anna Nicholas: A trendy café; two couples with an unexpected connection, and a young man, their waiter—or possibly a doctor.
Anna Nicholas is a published journalist, essayist and novelist whose produced stage plays include LU/LOU, INCUNABULA (a radio play produced by LATheatreworks).
· CONDOLENCES Written by Dana Schwartz: Five women who have been together through the best and worst of times, wondering where their next adventure lies.
Dana Schwartz has been working as an actress, director and writer in Los Angeles for exactly twenty years.
· COFFEE WITH ZELDA Written by Tami Tirgrath: A dark but perky comedy about American Values – coffee, infidelity, and murder.
Tami Tirgrath is an award winning playwright and director who has worked at the Denver Center for the Performing, Arts, HBO, MGM and Universal Studios and is the Founding Director of the International Performing Arts Festival for Youth (IPAFFY).
"She Wrights – One Acts by LA Women Playwrights" runs for three weeks only opening on September 7 and running through September 23, Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 PM, Sunday matinees at 2:00 PM.
Tickets are $15.00 General Admission and can be purchased online at www.secretrose.com.